14 phrases to make a digital marketer die a little bit inside.
Trust me,over a decade as a Digital Marketer, I know!
These are things that those of you working in digital marketing and social media will know only too well.
1. Low battery mode
When your whole world is online, your phone becomes your number one business tool. Low battery and no charger is a disaster.
2. ‘Yeah, but, as an expert, I would suggest…[insert complete nonsense]’
*sigh* one more expert talking actual crap.
3. ‘Yeah, but I read on Google…’
Yeah, because you should believe everything you read on the internet.
4. Google announces changes its search algorithm
5. ‘I want to be on Twitter. Don’t worry about the other stuff.’
6. Facebook announces changes its news feed algorithm
Organic reach just got even harder.
7. ‘I want to go viral’
FYI, there is no publish setting for viral.
8. ‘It must be nice getting to play on Twitter all day’
Yup, just like your job is play.
9. ‘[New must-have app name] is the new must have app’
Another platform to get to grips with.
10. ‘We can get round to the plan later’
Say what now? There was me thinking that strategy and planning came before action to ensure your work is a success.
11. ‘I need to be on every type of social media’
Hmmm...why? Different people use different platforms so be targeted.
12. ‘Who are you targeting? Everyone.’
Who needs specific goals to work towards, huh?
13. ‘I bought 5,000 twitter followers for $23’
You can tell, you know.
Have we missed any of the obvious ones? Get in touch or tweet me @anthonyjohns0n to let me know your thoughts!