16 reasons digital marketing is sweeter than Christmas Morning!
We promised that if you asked, we’d write it so here it is….the 16 reasons digital marketing is sweeter than Christmas Morning. Of course, Christmas is great (or can be for some if you’re not personally a fan) but we reckon digital marketing is even better and here’s why.
1. You have to wait all year for Christmas morning but digital marketing offers a constant stream of new and exciting content; a new fad, a new channel. No waiting necessary.
2. Cats can’t meddle with it.
3. Over-indulging does not cause weight gain: the only thing overdosing on YouTube videos of people falling over is likely to cause is a sleeplessness (and perhaps a guilty conscious if you laugh too much)
4. It fits in your pocket and goes with you. Christmas morning is far less portable.
5. It lasts as long as you want - Christmas morning is over in a flash. But it’s only the finale to months of buildup. From the Summer, the supermarkets will have selection boxes and, from there, it’s just a slippery slope to Wham on repeat, tinsel, egg nog, lights, fundraisers dressed as Santa. Digital marketing can be 6 seconds or 6 hours: whichever you choose.
6. The reach is greater than how many you can fit round the dining room table (plus kitchen table and weird add-on table you’ve found) during your lunch.
7. A little goes a long way - there’s pressure on Christmas morning to be OTT. With digital marketing, you can achieve a lot with a little.
9. You can outsource your digital marketing (to save yourself the hassle) but you can’t outsource Christmas.
10. Your plans don’t get ruined at the smallest hint of snow.
11. You can have what you want when you want it. Christmas tends to come with a sense of obligation; what you do, who you see, where you go, what you wear but this isn’t true of digital marketing. For the marketers or the consumers, you get to choose which channel(s) you like and which work...then you stick with them.
12. Digital marketing doesn’t force you to wake up early against your will.
13. Digital marketing is all about the micro moments compared to the huge excess that is Christmas morning; it’s all a bit overwhelming with people, presents, pressure to have the perfect day, food. The world of digital marketing is micro: ‘How do I?’. ‘I want’, ‘I need’ and we can find what the answer.
14. It doesn’t make you feel lonely if you don’t a S.O. to share it with
15. Digital marketing doesn’t need batteries. We all know that Christmas morning feeling as having the world’s most amazing toy and no batteries. Digital marketing will never cause that sense of disappointment.
16. It doesn’t involve brussel sprouts and, ultimately, is there anything better than that?
What would you add to the list? Let us what you love about digital marketing.