This week’s Digital Media news on all things social, media and web
We love social media secrets, digital marketing, and the online world. After all, that’s why we do what we do. Through our online travels, we come across a variety of information that can be helpful, amusing, or even shocking. We didn’t want you to miss out on this so here’s a roundup of what’s been happening lately.
5 digital marketing trends starting to emerge in 2016
- Targeted advertising via on-demand TV: this might be something for the BIG brands but, with the rise of popularity of TV streaming via Netflix, ChromeCast etc, it’s unsurprising that these are looking to these networks for new, untapped advertising potential. It brings a whole new level of specificity of target buyer personas when you’re profiling your target audience down to their viewing habits. What would your favourite tv programme say about you?
- A (welcome) return to content marketing and brand storytelling: a focus on genuine, credible engagement between you and your audience. Nothing beats this.
- The growth of video marketing through 360 deg and point-choice - more innovative, engaging and interactive methods to engage with others. The benefit of trying these? It doesn’t necessarily need the highly-expensive skills of others to create them.
- A shift from operating social media in isolation - it will come part of the wider content marketing plan.
- A resurgence of email marketing - as it continues to be increasingly more difficult to reach your audience on without resorting to paid advertising of some kind, email is showing a rise in popularity. We’re not talking mass, spam mail here, though. Think remarketing and recommendations.
Need some help figuring out which tools to implement in your business? Get in touch and ask.
What’s been trending on Twitter this week?
#Eurovision - RIP Terry. It’s not the same without you.
#NationalSendANudeDay - too far Twitter. We don’t need to see that.
#OCRChemistry - courtesy of exam session and, with what to appears to be, the annual impossible question gaffe.
#mentalhealthawarenessweek - a worthy cause to talk about.
Lacking some inspiration for your own click-worthy blog headlines? Try Portent’s content idea generator for some wild and wonderful inspiration around your keywords.
We popped in ‘digital marketing’ and got:
We’d read that. Would you? If so, find us online to tell us and we’ll write the 16 reasons for next week.
Need some advice?
you can chat to me @anthonyjohns0n
Ask me, Its free!